Today we started ‘pouring’ the footing for the container office at the Nursery. A big step closer to getting the container off the road.
I got the formwork finished and adjusted recently and that meant we could get cracking with the concrete for the footings.
Today we mixed up a batch of concrete and filled our footing holes, being careful not to disturb the reinforcing.
We filled the form to the top and finished it with a trowel.
By chance, we had picked up some plastic form for creating a sloped edge on your concrete pour. These were thrown out by McIllwain when they fixed our road.
So we added them to the top of the form, hoping for a nice sloped edge that would help drain water and remove the sharp edge.