We noticed the small birds in our backyard were searching for water, so we created a birdbath for them simply by turning an old plastic garbage bin lid upside down and placing it on a galvanized bin for support.
We started the bottom steps – from Plot Level to Fire Pit level – a few weeks ago now… but the excavation has been hard and slow going at times. Our soil has been stripped of organic matter, and has the consistency of rock in places. br> br>Excavating the area where the steps will be placed is one of those areas.
The Fire Deck we have been planning will be really special once it is done and finished and one of the reasons why is that it will almost encircle one of our multiple stem Grass Trees on the Tank(Fire Deck) level.
Today we attacked South park again. Clearing six years of unrestrained grass and weed growth is a tough job but I know how good this area of the property can look.