One of the original timber retaining walls near the Containers had started to fail when we purchased the property.
But now it is actually falling down… Time for a fix.
This week we set out to rescue the South Path wall – The first wall we built.
After suffering damage from multiple torrential storms and downpours it has started to fail in a serious way.
We have had some delays in the last few months that have stopped us completing the last of the wall that runs behind our main tank and along the western side of the hill.
But it was time we got stuck into it again and got it finished.
We started the bottom steps – from Plot Level to Fire Pit level – a few weeks ago now… but the excavation has been hard and slow going at times. Our soil has been stripped of organic matter, and has the consistency of rock in places. br> br>Excavating the area where the steps will be placed is one of those areas.