We had good rain through the beginning of March, and in fact quite a bit more than average. By the end of the month we had had around 200mm, which is more than twice the monthly average.
This wasn’t all bad, as we had just moved our main water tank, and needed good rain to fill it.
Erosion is on of the big three issues that we have to deal with her at Arborlon. So we have been addressing one of the issues that leads to the above image.
It is a problem I have seen in every house I have lived in in Queensland. Poor storm water control – in this case gutter overflow, during significant rain.
We had a little rain around the end of January, and beginning of February – 100+ mm in the last week of Jan, and 50+ mm in the first week of Feb. Some of this rain played havoc with some of our construction works. It was mostly due to volume and incomplete construction.
We had addressed most of the issues by now, and were therefore surprised to discover a big washout on the road side of the property.